The contest takes place in three rounds (described below). In the first round, fans round up their League, create a video about how they plan to celebrate the release of the JUSTICE LEAGUE movie. DC will judge the first round and choose 4 League finalists to advance to round 2. In round 2, these 4 League finalists will battle it out by submitting another video that shows them making their celebration a reality! In the final round 3, JUSTICE LEAGUE fans will get a chance to view and vote, with the ultimate decision of which League is the most deserving from a panel of DC judges. So what are you waiting for…LEAGUE UP!
How To Enter:
This is only a summary of the contest. For full terms and conditions, including eligibility, video submission guidelines and prize information, please read the official rules here.
- The contest begins on Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 10 AM PT.
- Put a League of 5 people together each of the following JUSTICE LEAGUE characters and their respective characteristics:
- Wonder Woman – Justice, Peace and Equality
- Cyborg – Communication and Tech Innovation
- Batman – Determination and Intelligence
- Aquaman – Responsibility and Environmental Commitment
- Flash – Courage and Drive
- Find a unique way to represent the JUSTICE LEAGUE characters from the movie. Diversity is important; each League member has to figure out a way to embody the qualities of their chosen superhero. Whether it’s community work or cosplay – creativity matters!
- ROUND 1:
- Create an original Twitter video no longer than 2 minutes and 20 seconds that introduces each member of your League, and includes only the members of your League (no one else)
- In your video, tell the world why your League deserves to make it to the final round of 4 Leagues by describing what your celebration idea is. Will you throw a mini-con? Gather cos-players together for a party? Do some good for your community? As long as your idea involves sharing your passion for your League with fans and friends, you’re welcome to submit it.
- THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART: Post your video to Twitter by 11:59 PM PT on Friday, August 18, 2017.
- Your tweet has to tag @dccomics and include #LeagueUpContest and this link: SUBJ2Rules@ http://bit.ly/2tR3v0c
- Only one video per League, please.
- All video submissions must be completely original so no use of any previously existing film clips or TV shows, for example, including DC films or TV shows
- In evaluating the video submissions, the judges will consider each League’s: Creative concept (45%), Justice League character representation/interpretation (30%), familiarity and knowledge of the DC Universe (20%), and twitter likes (5%).
- The 4 Leagues finalists will be contacted via Twitter on or about August 25, 2017.
- ROUND 2:
- The 4 League finalists will be given a day during the week of September 11, 2017 on which they will make their idea for a celebration of the release of the JUSTICE LEAGUE movie come to life!
- Each of the 4 Leagues will submit a 2-minute video of their Justice League fan celebration by 11:59 p.m. PT on September 22, 2017.
- ROUND 3:
- DC fans can view and vote on their favorite League finalist video in the free DC All Access app beginning at 10:00 AM PT on September 25, 2017.
- The winning League will be selected by a combination of DC All Access app votes and judging criteria by the DC panel of judges on or about Sunday, October 6, 2017.